Blender 3D add-on template generator
This script generates the initial template for the Blender add-ons development.
Just execute the script file and type the name for your addon.
You will get a number of files with the add-on template generated by the script. Now you can simply modify them and create your own add-on.
(script tested on Windows 7 and Windows 10)
For Blender versions:
2.79, 2.80, 2.81, 2.82, 2.83, 2.90, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4
Current script version:
- Unzip the distributive archive
- Copy the batch file with the desired Blender version to your add-on directory
- 3.3 and 3.4 templates added
- 3.2 templates added
- 3.1 templates added
- Fixed issue with spaces in add-on names – automatically converting them to underscores.
- 2.79, 2.93, 3.0 templates added
- 2.92 template added
- 2.91 template added
- 2.90 template added
- Convert upper registry letters in the add-on name in bl_idname to lower
- 2.83 template added
- for 2.82 templates added reload functional
- 2.82 template added
- Blender 2.81 template added
- This release.
I just bought this. It’s helpful. One thing that is sorely lacking anywhere on the internet is how to implement add-ons that have a multiple folder structure. I wish you would add that as a feature. That is where I’m stuck right now.
This is not a problem. Just create any folders you need in your add-on and import module from them as common with
from ._folder_name_ import _module_name_
Thanks for the response. Does each folder need it’s own __init__.py file?
It’s better to have.
I think I’m getting confused because the built in add-ons in Blender that I could find on github are all different and it’s hard to discern what is necessary and what is programmer preference.