Blender add-on for automatically finding and removing duplicates of materials from the scene.
When you add objects from previously saved blend-files, external libraries, various asset- and kitbash- sets to the scene, your scene filled with a large number of identical materials. With dozens of them in complex scenes. “M-Cleaner” finds the equal materials in the scene and removes duplicates, reassigning the single unique material to the objects.
- Just press the “Clear materials” button
- M-Cleaner will automatically clear your scene of duplicates
- “Merge by name” cleans materials only by its names (destructive!). It clears materials with .001, .002, etc names.
- If the “Remove unused” checkbox is on, duplicates will be removed from the scene immediately. If this checkbox is off, duplicates will remain in the scene with 0 users and will be deleted using regular Blender tools during the scene saving.
In complex scenes with complex materials, cleaning in non-destructive mode can take a lot of time and computer resources. To speed up work, you can enable the option “Node groups as nodes”. In this case, only the first level of materials is checked without checking the internal structure of node groups. Node groups are considered ordinary nodes and only the values of their inputs/outputs are controlled.
Current add-on version:
2.80, 2.81, 2.82, 2.83, 2.90, 2.91
Location and call:
“3D Viewport” window – N-panel – the “M-Cleaner” tab
- Download the *.zip archive with the add-on distributive.
- The “Preferences” window — Add-ons — Install… — specify the downloaded archive.
- Fixed bug with CurveMapping nodes
- Added “Node groups as nodes” option
- Fixed bug with linked objects
- Fixed some bugs
- Added “Merge by name” function
- This release.