Blender add-on for automatically finding and removing duplicates of materials from the scene.
When you add objects from previously saved blend-files, external libraries, various asset- and kitbash- sets to the scene, your scene filled with a large number of identical materials. With dozens of them in complex scenes. “M-Cleaner” finds the equal materials in the scene and removes duplicates, reassigning the single unique material to the objects.
- Just press the “Clear materials” button
- M-Cleaner will automatically clear your scene of duplicates
- “Merge by name” cleans materials only by its names (destructive!). It clears materials with .001, .002, etc names.
- If the “Remove unused” checkbox is on, duplicates will be removed from the scene immediately. If this checkbox is off, duplicates will remain in the scene with 0 users and will be deleted using regular Blender tools during the scene saving.
Current add-on version:
2.80, 2.81, 2.82
Location and call:
“3D Viewport” window – N-panel – the “M-Cleaner” tab
- Download the *.zip archive with the add-on distributive.
- The “Preferences” window — Add-ons — Install… — specify the downloaded archive.
- Fixed some bugs
- Added “Merge by name” function
- This release.