Blender 3D add-on for quick and easy materials overrides in the EEVEE render engine.
“EEVEE Materials Override” add-on allows you to quickly assign the single material to all objects in the scene, for example, for clay renders, wireframe renders, or the UV-grid demonstration just with a single button click.
You can easily override all materials in the scene.
You can use two built-in templates:
and the “UV Grid”.
You can also assign your custom material to all scene objects.
Overriding materials can be disabled or enabled at any time.
Some materials can be excluded from override. To do this, check the “excluded” checkbox next to the material name in the list of materials in the add-on panel.
The add-on is for the “EEVEE” render engine, but also works with the “Cycles” render engine.
Current add-on version
2.83, 2.90, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3,3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 4.0
Location and call
“3D Viewport” window – N-panel – the “Override” tab
- Download the *.zip archive with the add-on distributive.
- The “Preferences” window — Add-ons — Install… — specify the downloaded archive.
- Fixed issues for compatibility with Blender 4.0.
- Fixed issue with overriding materials with links connected to Volume input of Output Material node.
- Added “override materials for selected objects” feature
- Added clearing features for the object and the materials mode
- Added an ability to exclude materials from override.
- Added material override on objects without materials.
- This release.