“Select-UP” – Blender add-on for convenient selection of complex objects packed to collections.
Quick and easy objects selection with the “Select – UP” add-on
- Select any element of the complex object wrapped to collection
- First, pressing “Select Level Up” selects all the elements of this object from its collection.
- Each pressing “Select Level Up” selects all the objects from the collection by one level up (parent collection).
Select – UP allows convenient organize the scene using the object-oriented style.
- shift + u – select level up
- ctrl + shift + u – select level up with parenting
2.80, 2.81, 2.82, 2.83, 2.90, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6
Location and call:
- “3D Viewport” window — N panel — “S-UP” tab
- “Outliner” window – “arrow up”
- The “Select” menu
- The context menu by “shift+g” key shot
- Download *.zip archive with the add-on distributive.
- User Preferences — Add-ons — Install Add-on From File — specify the downloaded archive.
- Added checkboxes to the add-on preferences to show or hide the UI panel in the 3D Viewport area and the UI buttons in the Outliner area. If both are hidden, you can use the add-on functionality with hotkeys.
- Default hotkeys added.
- Added selecting by parenting option
- Algorithm change. If there are partially selected collections – next press fill them to full select. If there are only full-selected collections – next press select the level-up (parent) collection.
- Added shortcuts to the “Select” menu and to the context “Select Grouped” menu