“Save Selected” – Blender 3D add-on that allows saving selected objects in the scene into a separate *.blend file.
This add-on can be useful for quickly creating sets of separate files with assets from complex scenes.
To save the necessary objects into a separate *.blend file, just select them, and in the main menu choose “File – Export – Save Selected”. And specify the location of the file to save.
The selected objects will be saved to the specified file.
Current add-on version
2.83, 2.90, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3,1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4
Location and call
Main menu: File – Export – Save Selected
- Download the *.zip archive with the add-on distributive.
- The “Preferences” window — Add-ons — Install… — specify the downloaded archive.
- Add-on checked with Blender versions 2.83, 2.90, 2.92
- The minimum required version downgraded to 2.83
- Added option to clean up startup file when saving
- This release.