Area Switcher – Blender 3D add-on for quickly switching work areas.
The “Area Switcher” add-on allows quick switching between different types of areas in Blender much faster.
Switching work areas in Blender is usually done by pressing a button that calls up a menu, and then selecting the desired work area type. At the same time, some areas in the work pipeline switch back and forth much more often than others. For example, “Outliner” with “Properties” or “3D View” with “Shader Editor”. With the “Area Switcher” add-on, you can quickly switch such areas at a single button click, without having to select them from the menu, which generally speeds up the workflow.
The add-on appends an additional button to the area header, by pressing which the work area immediately switches to the desired type.
The add-on is fully customizable. From which workspace and to which one the switching will take place is configured by the user in the add-on properties. You can also configure the switching of several work areas one after another.
Current add-on version
2.83, 2.90, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3,2, 3,3
Location and call
Button in the header of the area.
- Download the *.zip archive with the add-on distributive.
- The “Preferences” window — Add-ons — Install… — specify the downloaded archive.
- Corrected the switcher icon location in the 3D Viewport window in Blender 3.0.
- Fixed issue with switching to the “File Browser” area in Blender, older 2.92.
- Added “Geometry Nodes”, “Spreadsheet”, “Asset Browser” areas.
- Added the shortcode for switching with keyсodes.
- Fixed error when switching to the ‘UV Editor’ in Blender 2.91
- This release.